Venue: IIT Delhi
Pre-Conference Workshop and Webinars: 12 December, 2017
Main Conference: 13 & 14 December, 2017
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is organizing a Conference on Urbanization Challenges in Emerging Economies in New Delhi, India during 12-14 December, 2017. It is being organized and hosted by ASCE and the ASCE India Section in collaboration with IIT Delhi and Institution of Engineers (India) at IIT Delhi.
The conference theme : Moving Towards Resilient Sustainable Cities and Infrastructure.
The conference will focus on infrastructure challenges being faced due to urban explosion of major metropolitan areas in emerging economies.
The conference will be divided into four major tracks, namely-
- Planning and financing to meet the growing demand
- Transportation around & beneath existing cities
- Energy, environment, and water infrastructure needed to meet the demands of exploding population in urban areas
- Resilience and sustainability of infrastructure in a changing environment for the next 100 years
Authors wishing to submit papers are invited to submit an abstract of between 250 and 400 words, prior to June 30th, 2017.
For any queries related to abstract submission write us at email@example.com
Authors should indicate whether they wish to present in a traditional podium session, a poster session, or are willing to be considered for either.
Successful authors will be notified of abstract acceptance by July 21st, 2017 and invited to submit full papers no later than September 15th, 2017 with accepted authors invited to present their papers at the conference.
Final papers, six to twelve pages long, will be reviewed and if accepted published in the Conference Proceedings.
Proceedings will be copyrighted and published by ASCE post-conference, and available online in the ASCE Library. A set of Proceedings will be available on-site (at the conference) in jump-drive format.
Topics should be kept within the conference theme, but not limited to these topics:
1. Planning and financing to meet the growing demand of habitat and infrastructure
- Policy and government issues
- Affordable housing
- Innovative Financing Options
- Urban Renewal
- Subsidies and Consumer Pricing
- Public-private Partnerships
- Infrastructure planning for Climate Change
- Decision-making under Uncertainty
- Project and Program Management Challenges and Solutions
2. Transportation around & beneath existing cities
- Challenges in Mass Transportation
- Multi-modal Transport, including Bus Rapid Transport
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Traffic Management
- Urban Tunnels for Transit Extensions
- Retrofitting Transportation in Existing Cities
- Autonomous Vehicles
- Construction Monitoring
3. Energy, environment and water infrastructure needed to meet the demands of exploding population in urban areas
- Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
- Energy Security for Infrastructure Development
- Urban Waste Management
- Management of Urban Pollution and Remedies
- Urban Drainage Management
- Potable Water for the Masses
- Air & Water Quality Improvements and Urban Water Systems Infrastructure
4. Resilience and sustainability of infrastructure in a changing environment for the next 100 years
- Infrastructure Asset Management
- Disaster Resilient Communities
- Sustainable Infrastructure Ratings and Tools
- Innovative Technologies
- Sustainable Materials, Tools and Methodologies
- Lifecycle Assessments and Reduction of Lifecycle Costs
- Climate Change Considerations in Infrastructure Design, Construction and Operation
- Smart Cities, Cyber-physical Systems