Topics at ASCE’s India Conference on Urbanization Challenges in Emerging Economies cover a broad array of infrastructure challenges being faced due to the urban explosion of major metropolitan areas. Professionals from all over the world involved in meeting these challenges and developing and moving towards resilient sustainable cities and infrastructure in emerging economies will find this conference a home to conduct policy, technical, and scientific discussions and exchanges.
The conference will feature keynote addresses by prominent government and industry leaders in infrastructure development. Papers at the conference will be divided into seven major tracks, namely:
- Planning and financing to meet the growing demand
- Transportation around and beneath existing cities
- Environment infrastructure needed to meet the demands of exploding population in urban areas
- Water and energy infrastructure needed to meet the demands of exploding population in urban areas
- Materials and tools for resilience and sustainability of infrastructure in a changing environment
- Resilient buildings and infrastructure
- Emerging paradigms for sustainable urban communities
In addition, three workshops and two training webinars related to the theme of the conference will be conducted on the first day of the conference.
Two of the workshops are being held in association with Indian Geotechnical Society.
Suggested topics in more detail are listed on the Call for Submissions page of this website under Call for Abstracts. Proceedings will be copyrighted and published by ASCE post-conference, and available online in the ASCE Library. A Book of Abstract Proceedings will be available on-site (at the conference).
TOP REASONS TO ATTEND
- Learn from and network with government and industry leaders and sustainable infrastructure practitioners from around the world
- Learn from successful case studies and examples of sustainable infrastructure development in emerging economies
- Understand industry trends and policies leading to resilient sustainable cities and infrastructure development
- Share latest advances in sustainable infrastructure planning, design, and construction
- Learn about new tools and latest research to address urbanization challenges in emerging economies
- Learn how to plan infrastructure for climate change and resiliency
- Learn about innovative approaches to infrastructure project financing
- Be a contributor to the comprehensive conversation on urbanization challenges and infrastructure sustainability for an uncertain world
- Influence decision makers on policy and other matters on infrastructure in metropolitan areas in emerging economies
The American Society of Civil Engineers
The American Society of Civil Engineers represents more than 150,000 members of the civil engineering profession in 177 countries. Founded in 1852, ASCE is the USA’s oldest engineering society.
ASCE stands at the forefront of a profession that plans, designs, constructs, and operates society’s economic and social engine – the built environment – while protecting and restoring the natural environment.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
The Indian Institutes of Technology are institutions of national importance established through an Act of Parliament for fostering excellence in education. The IIT Delhi vision is to contribute to India and the World through excellence in scientific and technical education and research; to serve as a valuable resource for industry and society; and remain a source of pride for all Indians.
The Institution of Engineers (India)
The Institution of Engineers (India) established in 1920, and incorporated under the Royal Charter in 1935 is the largest multi-disciplinary professional body of engineers in the world having membership strength of over 0.8 Million across conventional and emerging disciplines of engineering. IEI has a global presence through 5 Overseas Chapters in Middle East Asia, 120 National Centres, and over 1500 Student Chapters. IEI augments the global engineering profession through its flagship AMIE Education Programme that started in 1928 and has many students availing the opportunity every year to excel in engineering across the world.
IEI’s Vision is to promote an environment to enable ethical ethos and pursuits of professional excellence for engineering fraternity in the country so as to provide leadership for serving the humanity by involving in all aspects of inclusive development process in the country.
- Dr. Udai P. Singh
D.Engr., BCEEM, PMP, M.ASCE – Consultant, Moraga, California, USA; Conference Chair
- Prof. B. R. Chahar
Ph.D., M.ASCE – Dept. of Civil Engineering, IIT Delhi, India
- Er. H.R. P. Yadav
FIE – Director, Institution of Engineers (India)
- Prof. G. L. Sivakumar Babu
Ph.D., F.ASCE Governor Region 10 ASCE
Dept. of Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore, India
- Er. Satish K. Vij
M.ASCE – President, ASCE India Section
- Prof. Ravi Sinha
Ph.D.,M.ASCE – Dean, IIT Bombay, India
- Er. Satish K. Vij, M.ASCE, President, ASCE India Section – Org. Comm. Chair
- Dr. Kancheepuram N. Gunalan, Ph.D., P.E., D.GE, F.ASCE, Vice President, AECOM, USA
- Dr. Edward Wang, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE, Deputy Secretary-General, ACECC, Taiwan
- Prof. Sudhir Misra, Ph.D., M.ASCE, IIT Kanpur
- Er. Sandip K. Deb, M.ASCE, Sandip Kumar Deb & Associates, Kolkata
- Er. Arvind Shah, P.E., F. ASCE, Past President, ASCE India Section
- Er. Arif A. Siddiqui, CP, M.ASCE, Bechtel India Limited
- Prof. I. Rahman, M.ASCE, ASCE India Section Treasurer
- Prof. A. N. Brijesh Nair, M.ASCE, President ASCE India Section South Region
- Er. G. J. S. Rosha, M.ASCE, President ASCE India Section North Region
- Er. Rajeev Bhandari, M.ASCE, Bechtel India Limited
- Er.Kumud Joshi, CH2M,Noida, India
- Er. Hemant O. Thakare, FIE, Institution of Engineers (India), CVDB Chairman, India
- Dr. Vilas S. Mujumdar, D.P.A., P.E., F.SEI, Dist.M.ASCE, ASCE At-Large Director
- Prof. Mahesh Tandon, F.ASCE, MD Tandon Consultants Pvt Ltd
- Prof. A Trivedi, Delhi Technological University
- Er. K. B. Rajoria, Fmr Addl DG, CPWD
- Er. H. S. Dogra, Fmr DG, CPWD
- Er. D. S. Sachdev, Fmr DG, CPWD
- Er. Alok Bhowmik, Hony Secy., IASTRUCTE
- Prof. Abdul R. Pinjari, Ph.D., M.ASCE, University of South Florida
- Prof. Rajib B. Mallick, Ph.D., M.ASCE, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Er. Vinod Singh, PE, M.ASCE, CH2M, Singapore
- Prof. J. M. Chandra Kishen, Ph.D., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Meggan Maughan-Brown MPA, CMP, CAE, Aff.M.ASCE, Director, ASCE Global Programs
- Carol Bowers P.G., CAE, Hon.D.GE, ENV SP, M.ASCE, Managing Director, ASCE Member Communities
- Aninda Sen MCI India
- Gaurav Sood MCI India